Cook Lilly’s recipe for dinner and enjoy left overs for lunch
Meet Lilly. Lilly is a lovely work mate of mine for only eight more days until I finish up and start my adventure travelling around Australia. Strangely enough, Lilly is also about to head off on her own journey, following her dream to become a teacher and start full time study.
Today, Lilly’s lunch looked so delicious I was inspired to share it. If you cook this for dinner you’re likely to have left overs to enjoy for lunch the following day. That’s my kind of recipe! Did I mention it’s also wheat and refined sugar free?..
- 1 can of red kidney beans
- Handful green beans
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 red capsicum thickly sliced
- 150 gram rump steak
- 2 1/2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsps dried thyme
- 1 tspn ground corriander
- 1/2 tspn cracked pepper
- Prep meat marinate ingredients into a bowl and spoon over meat. Turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for an hour if possible.
- Turn oven to 180 degrees and roast the capsicum with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Meanwhile, cook the steak 4 to 5 minutes each side or to your liking.
- Set aside for 5 minutes to rest before slicing up
- Add beans and onion to the mix and you’re good to go!
This recipe provides a good balance of carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats.
In addition this meal is a great source of essential nutrients, including, but not limited to:
Fibre, folate, iron, vitamin B6, vitamin C, potassium and manganese.